Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I read a NY Times article the other day (I know, where'd I learn to read, right?). It was about the farm bill and how it makes twinkies cheaper than carrots, and soda cheaper than orange juice. I really liked the article; It validated my feeling that eating healthy was expensive. Now all we have to do is write our congresspeople and let them know that we won't stand for the federal government's subsidization of obesity any longer!

I better be careful, if I get more vocal than this I might actually BE a hippie, instead of just long-haired. :p

1 Comments:

At Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're writing to your congressperson, ask him/her what s/he's doing about the nutritional quality of school lunches.

And hey, the nice thing about being a hippie is you get all the granola you can stomach! They just send it to you, like a Granola of the Week club, but it's always the same granola! (An unfortunate side-effect is that your natural BO becomes indistinguishable from the scent of patchouli incense.)

--John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home