Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I missed last week. It was a holiday, however, so I am excusing myself.

I've been working on a web service project at work. A web service is a public interface to a private party's (web) application, such as the google web service. The google web service allows any application one might build to use google's search engine. All in all, web services can be very handy.

The project I'm working on involves scheduling online exams at a third party provider's site (thus the web service conversation). It's a pretty straightforward thing - especially since we already have something quite similar in place for pre-exams, which is fortunate.

Unfortunately for me, however, the web service is completely undocumented and "not supported" by the company. So... it does make the project a little more challenging. It's also making it (a little) overdue...

At the same time, I've had a different project come due on Thursday. So I'm really bustin' my butt now! Two projects at once, and both due, like, YESTERDAY!

Oh yeah, and loads of wedding planning coming to a head. It's not quite summer yet, but boy, the heat is ON!

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 08, 2007 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Thea said...

WOW!

A public interface to a private party? No WAY! That rocks so hardcore! You made that!? No way for reals!


ROck ROck On Mr Oatman!

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother set up a public interface to a private party once. Fair to ruined my graduation day, and the young lady still sends me bills for her physical therapy. Some of the scars are pretty cool, though.

Sounds like you're doing it the way it was meant to be done.

--John

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

i nearly forgot you had this thing! gives me something else to do at work. yay for paul!!! always thinking of others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home